With Lani Pineda, APRN
In this episode Lani Pineda, APRN joins us to discuss JTS Clinical Practice Guideline 27, Interfacility Transport of Patients Between Theater Medical Treatment Facilities. MAJ Pineda talks about her experience as an Emergency Critical Care Nurse (ECCN) with DUSTOFF in Afghanistan, as well as her time running the Joint En Route Care Course at Ft. Rucker.
- JROCM 026-12, Tactical Critical Care Transport DOTMLPF Change Recommendation
- Mabry RL, Apodaca A, Penrod J, Orman JA, Gerhardt RT, Dorlac WC. Impact of critical care-trained flight paramedics on casualty survival during helicopter evacuation in the current war in Afghanistan. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2012;73(2 Suppl 1):S32-S37. doi:10.1097/TA.0b013e3182606001 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22847091/
- Dickey, N. W. (2015). Combat trauma lessons learned from military operations of 2001-2013. Defense Health Agency/Defense Health Board Falls Church United States.
- Dickey, N. W. (2011). Tactical Evacuation Care Improvements Within the Department of Defense. Defense Health Agency/Defense Health Board Falls Church United States.
The entire Clinical Practice Guideline library is on the Joint Trauma System website. We’ve got a link to it under ‘Links’ above.
If you want to use this episode as part of your Table V medical training per TC 8-800, record it as:
- 081-833-0227 Coordinate Casualty Treatment and Evacuation
Check out the episode below, or wherever you listen!